Could you help Diagrama Adoption offer vulnerable children the chance of a brighter future?
We believe all the children we work with deserve to have self-worth and the confidence instilled in them to reach their full potential. And we’re always interested in hearing from exceptional people who can help us to do just that.
If you think you can help deliver our high-quality services and support vulnerable children through often difficult times, we’d love to hear from you.
Deputy Manager – Adoption – home based (covering London and South East) – circa £38k
Our progressive charity is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and committed registered (HCPC) Social Worker to take on the role of managing our team of Adoption Social Workers.
About the service
Diagrama Adoption was established to ensure adopters who had been working with Cabrini Children’s Society received continued support when the society ceased operation in 2014. The service has since evolved and we have been busy integrating our own principles and approach to adoption to ensure that those we work with receive the highest possible standard of care, support and preparation throughout this life-changing journey.
Our priority is to recruit adoptive families for children who are deemed 'harder to place'. We place the needs and safeguarding of the child at the heart of our service and seek for them to achieve in all areas of their lives. Diagrama Adoption is part of the Diagrama Foundation which has been registered as a charity in the UK since 2009, delivering a range of services dedicated to supporting vulnerable children and adults.
Our parent organisation, Fundacion Diagrama is one of the largest charities in Spain. Visit www.diagramafoundation.org.uk to learn more.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Support the Fostering & Adoption Manager in the implementation of the agreed business plan ensuring that all members of the team fully understand the requirements and their ability to impact on its successful delivery
- Coordinate the workload ensuring that all social workers are allocated an appropriate casework to meet the needs of the business
- Support the Fostering & Adoption Manager in the implementation of relative quality assurance systems and processes to ensure compliance with legislation, regulation, national standards, guidance and best practice
- Coach and develop the team of social workers ensuring that appropriate supervision and support is provided to meet the needs of the business Implement all policies and procedures to ensure team members fully understand what is expected in their role to meet the standards required
- Develop and implement appropriate systems and procedures to ensure that relevant information is produced and available for Senior Management to review
- Manage all day to day aspects of the service including, as appropriate, maintenance and response to access to historical records to ensure the service is delivered in line with expectations
- Support the maintenance of operational procedures to ensure they meet best practice within the business area Assist in the promotion of a positive Health & Safety environment
- Due to the nature of the role there will be an expectation that individuals will work some weekends and evenings as necessary as part of their working week. The successful candidate will also be required to participate in the roster for out of hours telephone support.
What we offer
We offer a friendly place to work with great opportunities to use your skills and knowledge to make a real difference to the lives of the young people we work with. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes healthcare and graduated sick pay scheme. Closing date for receipt of CVs is Friday 26th April 2019. Please visit our website www.diagramafoundation.org.uk for more information about our organisation. Application packs can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested? Email your CV to email@example.com To learn more about the role please contact Catherine Moore on 0208 668 2181 for a confidential chat. Interviews will be held at Diagrama Foundation head office in Rochester, Kent. Once in post, meetings are held in Croydon, London.
Independent PAR assessors
Home-based role, covering London and South East. Competitive rates paid.
Diagrama’s Adoption service is looking for highly skilled independent social workers to undertake PAR Assessments. Our service covers London and the South East areas and we are currently recruiting within this area. We are looking to have a ‘bank’ of suitably skilled and experienced independent social work assessors from across the south east area from which we can draw from. Independent social workers will report to the manager of the service and undertake assessments in line with the updated Coram/BAAF Competency Framework. Fees are competitive.
If you have the skills we are looking for please DOWNLOAD the full job description and get in touch.
Home-based role, £400 pw allowance, plus paid respite cover and special occasion payments. Short term, long-term and respite opportunities available.
Our sister agency Diagrama Fostering is looking for new and experienced dedicated carers to help transform the lives of vulnerable children and young people by providing a safe and secure environment for them and caring for their daily needs.
Diagrama Foundation welcomes enquiries from volunteers and has a number of opportunities available in our services throughout the South East. For an informal discussion call 01634 545000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org